Sunday, June 28, 2015

Wilton Long Course Meet 6-28-20


Swan in Wilton today.  Last year it was sunny and hot, today, it was cold and miserable.

My first event was the 100 Free and I went out way too fast, missed the flip turn and completely died on the back stretch.

I swam it in 1:17:something in Montreal.  Today I was 1:22:1.  Just awful.

I think I need to go back to breathing every stroke.

Next event was the 50 meter free which is my event.  I have been working on it, and the beauty of long course is there is no flip turn for the 50.  I swam the event twice last year.  I did a 33:15 in Wilton and a 33:58 in Montreal.  I swam it at Springfield two weeks ago and did 32:95 but it was not an official time.  Lots of pressure to get a good time.  Video above.  Hard to see, but that is me in the middle.  I did it in 32:59, a scorching time with only one breath late.  This was my fastest swim ever (with the conversion factor making it equivalent to a 28.36 for the 50 yard.

Last event was to 50 breast which I did in 47.3, slower than Springfield.  I screwed up my pullout coming off the dive.

Bottom line, one horrible race, one great one, one forgettable.