Friday, March 18, 2016

Harvard NESCY 3-18-2016

Swam the Friday session of the New England Championships.

50 Free was a bit of a disaster.  They use the track wedges on the blocks.  I pulled mine back, but evidently it didn't set.  They really rush the races, so the horn went off before I was truly settled, then when I went forward, my back foot slid back as it kicked the wedge loose, so I had a weak dive without power and was a bit discombobulated.  Yet despite a weak turn as well, I still managed a 29.00.  Glad I went 28.68 in Florida so it wasn't such a big deal to not go under 29 again. Scored (2) points.

I swam the 100 back as an easy recreational swim just to add it to my checkoff challenge.  1:46:23.  Scored (2) points despite coming in last.

I swam the 200 Breast, swimming the first 50 all out to get the split time.  I had my best yard time with the spilt at 38.82, and ended up with a 3:35.09, swimming easy the rest of the way, except for the last 25.  I had thought about going all out for 100, but was too tired. Scored (3) Points.

I swam the 50 butterfly in 38.46, another PR.  Last year I went 40.68.  I felt my stroke starting to come together. just missed a point.

Finally I swam the 2nd leg of the 4X100 Men's relay.  My time was something like a 1:09.9, which with the relay dive meant a true time in the 1:10:00s.  I was tired so I will take it.  Would have love to go under 1:09.  But considering my last hundred was 1:12:46, I will take it..  Team scored (26) points.

All told, I accounted for 12.5 points.