Thursday, June 02, 2011

Lake Terramuggus Triathlon 6-2-2011

Did the first Lake T of the year. It was hot when I left the house, but by the time I reached the race -- it is about an hour drive during rush hour even by backroads -- it was starting to get chilly. I was number 101 even though I arrived an hour before the race. I laid out my transition next to a bench so I could sit to change my shoes. I didn't bring my wet suit because I thought the swim was going to only be 500 yards, but it was 600 yards, and actually a bit farther due to the wind drifting the buoy out. They let the women start 5 minutes before the men. I was one of only a few not wearing wet suits. I swam nice and easy, and the water was not cold, but the swim seemed to take awhile. I took my time in transition, taking a drink, putting on both a tee-shirt and a fleece. The bike was very windy. I did not ride too fast. At one point going down a hill, the bike seemed to wobble. I passed no one on the bike, and was passed by a few, but not that many. The run was fine, I ran the whole way, a little slow at the beginning, but picking up speed,I passed three runners on the way, finishing a minute faster than last year. Overall, I think I just took my time on this race. My time on the bike was three minutes slower than last year, so I need to see how i do next time when I really start to race. I will also wear the wet suit next time as i think i lost some time without it, more time than I save by not having to take it off.

Here are the results:

Lake T #1

Swim plus T 1 - 18:03 (86 of 132)
Bike- 45:44 - (124 of 132)
Run plus T2 - 32:09 (119 of 132)

Total: 1:35:56 (113 of 132)