Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bishop's 5K 5-15-2010




Zoey and I set another baby carriage record. 29:39 shaving eleven seconds off our 5K time.

It did not feel like a record, running. I felt tired and old and out of shape. The first mile was 10:28, the second was 9:52, the third was 8:45 and the last 10th was 0.44 seconds.

I don’t know how well the distances were laid out, but it was an officially sanctioned course.

I got killed on the hills.

But I did have a finishing kick.

I am curious to run a 5K now when I am not pushing a carriage.

I wonder how much the tenseness in the shoulders wears me out as opposed to just the running?

I wonder how much pushing a baby carriage should slow you down from your average time?

Here are the results:

Bishop's 5K 5-15-2010

I have just been laying about the house, beat down.