Saturday, June 13, 2015

Massachusetts Senior Games 6-13-2015

I won 4 Gold medals in the Massachusetts Senior Games.  I would have won 6 if I stayed for the last two events.  I was of course, the only swimmer in my 55-59 age group.  The sparsely attended event was held in a very nice 50 meter indoor pool, and was not officially sanctioned or recognized by US Masters so my times won’t count in my record.


Here’s what I swam.


50 Breast  46.73  Not bad.  Converts to 40.33.  Most of my swims are in the 40-41 range,
200 Free  3:15:61  This was horrible.  I started out fast but slowed right away.  i couldn’t get my breath.  Very disgusted with this swim.Converts to 2:50.97, six seconds off my best, which in itself was slow.  I need to find a much better pace here and hold it.
100 Breast.  1:55:39  Here I tried to pace myself and consequently I ended up going too slow.  The two guys I beat in the 50, took me here.  Converts to 1:39:93, six seconds off my best.
50 Free  32.95  This was a best time for me.  I only had two other 50 meter swims, but I was quite happy to do a PR.  It converts to a 28.67 for a 50 yard free, just off my best time.  I only took 2 breaths.  Galen said I got a little choppy at the end.




Next year, they are hoping to make this a recognized event.


The event went all day, with each individual event starting at a posted time.  If an event started at 11:00 and there were only two heats, the next event still didn’t go off until its posted time.  I got there at 9 and left around 3.  I didn’t feel like waiting for the last two, which would have been the 100 Free and the 200 Breast.  I was quite tires.