Thursday, January 09, 2014

Master's Swim

Swam.

This was my last swim until the Meet on Sunday.

I have signed up for the 50 Free, 50 Backstroke, and 100 IM and hope to also swim in one or both of the relays.

I will try to swim the 50 as fast as I can.  I am a little worried about it being 50 meters instead of 50 yards.  Not certain why.  I am haven't decided on a strategy other than not doing a flip turn.  Not certain if I will go all out from the start and try to hold on, or just swim the first length hard and then pour it on on the homestretch.

The 100 IM is so I can say I did the IM.  I can do 25 of the butterfly, although it tires me out.  I can catch my breath on the backstroke.  My breast stroke is pretty bad, and then I will just leg it home on the free.

The back will be an adventure. I think I swim it okay, but not certain how my speed compares.