Saturday, January 18, 2014

Masters Swim

Did the regular session and then afterwards stayed and swam 10-200 yard sets on 4 minutes.  During the regular session we did some speed drills that required us to go all out at 25, ezy swim, all out at 50, easy swim, all out at 75, easy swim.  Only problem for me is if I truly go all out,, then I have no energy to repeat it.  By the time we got to the 75, I was just swimming.

Am thinking about doing the Westport swim meet on February 2.  It is a long way to drive.  If I go, I will do the 50 yard free, 200 yeard free and 100 IM.

I have been practicing my IM and am getting better.  I am thinking about doing the 25 butterfly without a breath.  I go really fast when I am not breathing, and when I do breath, I feel lke I am coming to a standstill.

Also, I finially got a real racing swimsyiut and have been using it this week.  I definately feel faster.