Monday, May 20, 2013

Fit Playground

Made my first appearance at the Fit Playground for an optional Tough Mudder training.  I was sweating like a dog within 5 minutes.  I forget about the intensity of the workouts.  There is just no way I can workout at that intensity myself.  On the other hand, sometimes I feel the intensity is so great, I don't get sufficient muscle recovery to benefit.  Still I will try to get there as often as I can.  I am thinking, Monday evenings, Wednesday mornings and Friday mornings.  Workout started with the typical warm up of jumping jacks, squats, pushups, etc.  There were only six of us there so we each got a station and then rotated every couple of minutes.  The first stations were.  Pushups with one hand on a elevated platform, five on each side continuously.  Then you hung by your elbows and did bicyle spins in the air with your legs.  Then monkey bars, either move on them, or just hang, which is what I did.  Rope climb where you pulled yourself up from a laying position and then tried to climb a wall.  A rope swing where you jumped on the rope and swung over to a trampoline and then swung back.  Then one where your legs were suspended and you crawled on your hands in sort of a plank position.  After three rotations, we got six new assignments.  laying on ground with legs up, using your arms to wave ropes constantly, doing lunges with heavy weights, mountain climbers on a slippery surface, doing fast lag work side by side, then stepping over a hurdle and back again, standing on a balance beam and pulling weight from machine for balance, and one where you jumped from side to side over a bench.  I could do some of the exercises, others I had to modify.  Afterwards, we did a tabata of standing, squating, jumping legs back to plank position, then jumping legs back front and up and repeat for forty seconds, then twenty seconds of squats.Eight times.  I went through one water bottle of water and one water bottle of protein drink.  It was a bit of a humid evening too boot.

I didn't pass out or vomit so i guess I did okay.