Wednesday, July 04, 2012

12 Mile Bike/2.4 Mile Run Brick

Got up this morning just as the rain was ending.  Rode, but could not do my normal route as part of the road was freshly chewed up by construction, so I changed the route some.  I may have gone more miles, but my goal was to go at least 12.  I don't have my computer on the bike now so it is all estimate.  On returning home, I did a medicum paced transition and ran 2.4 miles.  From starting out riding with cool temperatures, by the end it was hot humid with steam rising off the pavement, and I was soaked.  Overall though I felt good.  I think I will be all right on the bike at Black Fly, while it is ten miles of uphill, it is a gradual uphill and gradual is easier than steep.  The run I will be slow, but hope to be able to go without stopping to walk.  I may permit myself a walk at the water stations.  Glad I got out this morning.