Thursday, May 31, 2012

No tri/2.4 Mile Run

Didn't make the triathlon tonight. I got held up at work, and while I might have been able to make it to the race, I would have had to fight through traffic and sweat about being late, and generally not have the time I like to have before a race. I went home and ran the 2.4 mile loop again, this time in 22:22, much better than the other day, but still less than my fastest. I have been in such a funk about training. I can't make up my mind what to do. I think maybe I need to just focus on one race at a time and prepare for that, and if I do another race, do them only as training. That said, i probably should focus on Litchfield on the 24th of June, and do lots of hill bike rides, and some long slow runs and swims. Sunday is the 10K in Simsbury. I should use Saturday for a long bike and then just suck it up and run slow and long in the 10K.