Thursday, November 17, 2011

Integrative Strength

Took a one hour Integrative Strength Class tonight in West Hartford at the location of the old gym I used to go to. It was a combination of weights, blance work and stretching at a fast pace. Lots of squats and lunges with weights and pushups. When it got to the pushup part, I could barely do forty seconds of them after doing sixty plus pushups last winter. At the end the instructor told me what I already knew, i am very stiff and have muscle imbalances, and he didn't tell me this, but I have a weak core. He said there was hope for me. Thanks.

We'll see how stiff I am tomorrow, my lower back is stiff tonight. They offer a variety of classes, lots of body weight work. My goal for the next three months is overall strength and fitness, so I may make a go of it. Next class is Saturday morning. That one is called Extreme Playground. You get three free classes before you have to join.