Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Bike Fit/Run

Had my bike fit today. Very happy with it. the entire process took 3 hours. It began with an assessment of my riding history and goals, progressed to a very extensive physical exam of flexibility, and then lots of repositioning on the bike, cycling, being videotaped and computer analyzed. I got a new saddle, had it pushed back, and had my stem raised and the bars moved closer to me. I also had my cleats repositioned on my shoes. I feel much more comfortable and hope I will be more powerful. I will pick the bike up tomorrow. The plan is to ride it for a month or so, and then set up another appointment to fit on areobars. Like I said, I was very happy with the attenton and detail. Hopefully that will translate to improved performance and more comfort. All told I biked about 12 miles on the trainer during the course of the fitting.


This evening I ran 3.48 miles in 33:16

9:27
9:45
9:31
4:32
ending HR =151
My cadence was 71-74 the whole way.