Saturday, November 06, 2010

8 Mile Bike/6 Mile Bike

Rode 8 miles at 13.7 mph on a very cold morning. Here are my impressions of the new bike fit.

Comfortable. The only thing I felt was more fatigue in the quadriceps which is indicative of my using them more in the new position. The aero position was much easier, but riding upright, there is likely more wind resistance. The saddle was fine, no issues.

As far as speed, that was faster than I have gone before for similar effort.

I normally go between 11.5 and 13.1 on my rides.

My feet were freezing so I shut it down where I did. If it warms up later or I get a chance to get to the bike shop and buy some thermal socks, I may try to ride more later.

Later did another 6 miles -- this time in 12.8. Still windy, but I bought booties thar were excellent. They are velcro with space on the bottom for your cleats. Very warm.

My quads are sore from the new position.