Sunday, February 07, 2010

Possible Return Races

Thinking about when I can make my first race of the year.

These are the two best possibilities:

Bradley International Road Race 5K: April 3, 2010. This is the race where I made my 5K debut 3 years ago.

Shamrock Run Walk: March 20, 2010. They have a 5 mile and a 2 mile. The 2 mile would be good. They also allow baby strollers so I could run with Zoey.

The Bradley race is the same day as the Greater Hartford Quarter Marathon I did last year, but I don't know if i will be ready to 6.55 miles of hills.

***

Looking farther out, I have to make some decisions about what i want to accomplish this season -- aside from the number 1 goal of staying healthy and injury-free.

Do I go for speed with 5ks or try again to do the Half-marathon in October with goals of PRs in the 5K, 10K, and 1/2 Marathon along the way?

Clearly I want to do more triathlons and an Olympic triathlon foremost.

To do that I need to ride much more than in previous years.

I also want to do more open-water swims.

***

But for the time being I need to do one goal at a time, so my goal now is just a return 5K, and then I can set the next challenge.

***

Possible Future Races (That I have done before)

Race in the Park 5K May 9, 2010

Ironhorse 10K June 6, 2010

West Hartford Days 5K June 13, 2010

HTC Summer Solistice June 16, 2010


***

I am hoping to do the Lake Terramugus Triathlon series this year.