Saturday, June 06, 2009

Easy Ride/5 Mile/12 Mile

Went for an easy ride at work. I'm estimating I did 5 miles in a half hour. I forgot to rest my computer so I have no accurate guage. I was doing Sunday riding speed.

I am feeling better, still coughing up some phlegm, but have no other symptoms at all.

Maybe I made a mistake running last week, but I did enjoy myself and beat my PR so I'll take it.

I am rappraising doing any tris until later in the season. The new bike course at Lake T scares me. I just talked to a guy familiar with the hill and says it is a serious hill.

I really think I need just a lot of general bike practice.

I hope to start running soon and will do it real easy to start.

I am a little upset as there are lots of races coming up and I wanted to be primed.

***

Rode 12 miles later in day. I am beginning to figure the cadence out. I was practicing at a cadence of 80. The key is to find a gear that you can do eighty in easy and then either up the gear or lower the gear to keep yourself at 80 as the terrain changes. That way you keep a constant effort. When I master 80, I can work up to 90. Actually I should probably start at 70 and work up from there.

Feel good about putting the time and miles in.