Tuesday, May 26, 2009

15 Mile Bike

Rode 15 miles at work. Last night I read an article about spinning. How beginner bikers like me prefer to spin in the 50-70 range, while good bikers are encouraged to spin at 90. Lance Armstrong meanwhile revolutionized racing by spinning at 120. But it isn't just a matter of moving your legs faster. You need to develop the stroke and technique to be able to move your legs faster and maintain control. I get up to high and I start bouncing around and wobbling. Practice, I guess.

Today I worked on spinning for awhile and 5then did my gradual increase in speed up to 12.2. I had gone from 11.4 to 11.8 and then had to start back over again because I was briefly interrupted. I stopped at 12.2 as I was getting uncomfortable in the saddle and had already logged 15 miles in 75 minutes.

Its a beautiful day. I may ride again later.