Saturday, January 03, 2009

Bike

brought my hybrid bike to work this morning and will keep it here through the winter. Bight, but cold, I dressed in my thick workshirt, my snowjacket, and then a gortex windbreaker over all of that, put on ski gloves and my bank robber mask and then went out and rode for 25 minutes around the circle in the wind. I think I must have averaged 7 miles an hour. Still it was good to be back on the bike.

I also, learned how to use my C02 cartridges for the first time. My tires had grown soft over the last year orf inactivity. It took me two tries to figure out how the cartigages work. It would have only taken one if I had read the directions. Still, pretty cool. I will need to buy some more as well as some spare inner tubes. Part of my goal this winter will be to practice changing tires so I will have less anxiety when I race.