Thursday, November 20, 2008

Swim Analysis/1000 Yard Swim

I had my sit down tonight with the two swim coaches to go over my stroke video. Not good. It was all business with aJohn madden telestrator laser. The two things they want me to work on are, instead of pushing water directly back, i sweep out with my arms and my kicks suck. My knees bend too much and my ankles are too stiff. So I need to lock my knees more when I swim and get some Zoomers fins to help with development.

I went to the pool and swam 1000 yards. The new stroke was harder and very tiring. The idea is too push the water, not slide through it.

They both sort of down on the Total Immersion style, although even they disagreed with each other on points. I will try to work on pushing water better and kicking better, but I will likely stick to the total immersion style,