Sunday, November 09, 2008

Swim Lecture/Taping

I went to the HEat Swim Lecture and then had my swim videotaped. Very interesting. I am anxious to go over it with the coaches. One of the coaches watched me swim and said I had a very good stroke and asked if I had been on a swim team in high school or college. He also said I swam like an accountant and not an artist. I was swimimng slow and deliberate on purpose, so then I had him watch me again and I turned it on a little bit and he said it was much better. From watching the video I can see a couple things. My legs sag a little and that creates some drag. I don't think I bend my left arm as much as my right, and niether of them do I pull in tight enough to my chest. I think I need to cup my hand better. My kicking is pretty spastic.

On the good side, I turn my body well, and extend my arms well, entering on a nice angle.

Overall, I think I will also need to condition myself more and just swim harder and faster.