Saturday, September 06, 2008

5K Run

Ran the reservoir. I heeded the weather reports and didn't go down to the triathlon, but now I think I probably could have gone okay as the severe weather hasn't arrived.

The reservoir run was tough though. Humidity 88%. Temp 79 degrees. I was soaked. I ran a slow 34:30.

I admit to feeling a little discouraged by my training season so far. I've only done one triathlon and have made no significant speed gains in running. My volume is down over last year. I don't think i will be in shape to do the October 11 half marathon.

On the other hand, I am working two jobs and have a new baby daughter, so the fact I am out at all is good.

I did sign up yesterday for the Lake Compounce triathlon on September 21st.

***

I just found out they turned the tri into a run/bike/run so I didn't miss anything.