Saturday, August 02, 2008

Triathlon Sign Up

Well, I went and did it. I signed up for a sprint triathlon.

Saturday, September 6 at 7:00 AM.

Dave Parcell's Madison Triathlon

Same location as the Madison Mile Swim. The bike looks reasonably flat.

.5 Mile Swim/13 Mile Bike/3 Mile Run

I figure I needed the motivation. The race I did last year in Niantic, which is tomorrow sold out before I signed up and this race threatened to fill up too. The races I did last year at Terramuguss have been canceled so far due to road construction so I have been out of luck.

Maybe this will motivate me to do one of the Tuesday Night Triathlons in Farmington. My work schedule is shifting so I will have some Tuesday nights off.

I have also lined up some possible running races in the meantime:

August 14 - 5K in Hartford
August 23 - 10k in Granby
August 28 - Extreme 5K in Hartford

Not that I will do them all.