Monday, July 07, 2008

8 Mile Ride/ 3 Mile Run Walk

Rode at work. I am very proud of myself. I used differential diagnosis to figure out the cause of the whistling in my front wheel and was able to solve it with a little bit of lube. Amazing. Bike Mechanic.

I also went over the 100 mile mark on my bike.

Here are my impressions:

Definately faster than the other bike.

Not as stable.

I could go much faster than I do, but I freak out when going above 20 mph on a straightaway. I have hit 29 on a downhill.

My cadence is too slow. 55-60. I prefer the big gear. The middle gear brings my cadence up, but i am uncomfortable moving my legs that fast and maintaining balance.

I can see how bike shoes and clipless pedals would really improve efficiency.

I need to get the tire pressure figured out. I pump up the tire, but feel I am letting to much air out when I disengage the pump.

I am not certain I am sitting on the bike right. My seat maybe needs to be raised a touch.

The saddle is bearable.

I need more mental toughness to do more laps at work.

***

Did a 3 mile run/walk with Ashley at night.

I need to start riding hills at home.