Saturday, July 19, 2008

15 Mile Bike

Came into work this morning, got on my bike and rode 15 miles around the circle. It took me 70 minutes for an average speed of 12.8. I went much slower in the end than earlier, although at no time was I trying to go fast. I rode most of the way in the upright position. My butt did okay, although it was getting a little sore at the end. It actually hurt most when I went down into the low position. Still better than the other seat. I was pretty tired at the end. The problem with the circle is you are pedalling the whole time. I need to take more gliding breaks to let my legs recover.

At the end I did one quick burst for speed and got up to 22 mph on a straight, but I felt the bike begin to wobble so I eased off.

I need to keep doing these longer rides so that they are a piece of cake for me.

I do think actually countryside rides will be easier than the endless loop ride. I figure I did 22 laps.