Friday, June 27, 2008

Ride to Work

Rode to work this morning. I had a car arranged if I didn't get up on time, but I woke up and said, hey I need to ride. I had three Bud Lites with Lime last night, along with a steak, shrimp, pistachio nuts, mozzarella cheese, blueberries, and an ice cream sandwich with sprinkles, so I was worried I was going to be a little tired and that the beer would affect my gout stricken toe, but the toe with the ibuprofen help, feels allright.

Rode in a record 39:58, but I did take the short cut so the trip was only 9.8 miles. The speedometer recorded average speed at 14.88. I was hearing this odd whistle for most of the ride, which I couldn't figure out what the cause was. It stopped with about a mile to go.

Depending on my car, I don't think I'm going to be able to do the 25 mile fun ride tomorrow.