Sunday, June 08, 2008

New Bike

Rode about 6 miles on my new bike at work yesterday and another 4 today. At first the bike computer wasn't working, but then I was able to readjust it so it was picking up speed and cadence. I was going anywhere from 10 to 15 MPH where I used to go 8-10 and I was going 14-20 where I used to go 12-16 mph.

Definately faster, but I am not comfortable riding it yet at those speeds. Also, my hands get uncomfortable very quickly. The most comfortable position has me holding the top of the bars, sitting mostly upright. This is very comfortable, but my hands are not on the brakes or gears that way. The fastest position is holding down low, but then my hands aren't on the gears and I have a hard time seeing far ahead in the road (I need to fix the angle of my helmet.) The hands on the gears/brakes isn't to comfortable, but I guess I will have to get used to it.

I am just doing the bike circle at work, so no hills yet. I will have to try some hills on Tuesday when I am off. I may do a novice group ride on Tuesday night if I can get the time free. I do not think I will be ready to ride in the first Tri on Thursday.

I will try to post some pictures soon.

I rode 4 miles this morning, but it was baking hot and continues to be so so I don't think I will get to ride more today.