Monday, June 16, 2008

Bike to Work: Day 2

Rode in again this morning in the drizzle. With it being overcast, it was much darker than I expected and I did not have a reflector with me as I haven't been able to find mine. I need to buy another. I went a slightly different route this morning. The trip ended up as 9.84 miles. The shortcut I took involves a steep downhill on a bit of a rough road. Not a road I want to climb on the way back.

It still took me 43 minutes. My average speed was 13.8. I did coast a fair amount and again had a few episodes where I was gearing wrong. I have also developed a click on the high gear that I think will need to be adjusted. I will try to take the bike in on Wednesday and also get a new seat.

I will say I was not looking forward to riding into work this morning, but I wish I could make this a habit. I get a workout in without too much extra time, plus the gas savings.