Saturday, April 26, 2008

5K Run

I skipped the official 5K this morning. The tree pollen has been unreal the last couple days. After running the 5 miles on Wednesday I have been suffering despite taking Zertec and Optocon. The pollen report said it was going to be particularly bad today. I went to a lacrosse practice this afternoon and was dying. But still, a man must run. I finally went over to the reservoir around 5 and ran around one time. I took it easy for the first two miles with a heart rate of 144, and then stepped it up some on the last stretch, finishing with a heart rate of 156 and a time of 33:00 for a 10:40 average mile. I am pretty certain I ran the last mile in under 10. My average heart rate for the run was 147.

I may do one 5K before the 10K on June 1st, but I may not. My current focused goal is the 10K so i don't want to deviate too much from that. I have slacked off the other sports just to keep my running on track.