Wednesday, April 02, 2008

2 Mile Run/1000 Yard Swim

Ran 2 miles at the track very slow at a 12:00 pace. My ending heart rate was 148. I did not get winded. My left toes had no problem. My ankle was good. I did not feel my almost over bronchitis acting up. I did run with a slightly swollen right big toe, but it did not seem to be a problem. Not bad for my first run since March 7th.

I am going to try to follow an individualized Runner's World 9 week - 10K training program so I can compete in the June 1 Ironhorse 10K in Simsbury. I run three times a week in the program with Wednesday being my long run day. 1st week is 2 miles, week 2 is 3, etc.

Hopefully my toe will be okay or at least not affect my running and that my recent bronchitis has beaten into submission by my extended rest.

***

Later swam an easy 1000 yards.