Sunday, February 24, 2008

Off Season

The Importance of the Off-Season

"This time of year, many triathletes schedule too many intense workouts and too much volume, concerned that they are going to lose fitness during the off-season. However, instead of maintaining fitness, they end up fatigued, sick, or injured, or they peak long before the season has even begun. The off season should be just that – a time to rest your body, to rehabilitate injury, and to plan ahead on how to improve performance and prevent injury in the season to come..."

I have been a little depressed that I have not really been working out with much intensity this winter, but reading this article makes me feel a little better.

My ankle is still a little stiff, but definately getting better. The important thing for me to remember is not to arrive at the triathlon season on the verge of overuse injury.