Friday, February 01, 2008

Monthly Recap and Goals

January was a good month, although on reviewing my goals, I didn't meet too many of them.

Running - I ran 25.7 miles, hitting my milage target. I mainly did easy runs, working on building my base. No long runs.

Biking - I was severely limited by the weather, managing only 32.2 miles.

Swimming - Excellent Swim month. I swam a record 8.2 miles.

Strength Training - Only went 3 times.

Nutrition- I felt I started eating better

Yoga - Noga.

Overall health - made it through a traditionally tough month with no significant colds or illness. Felt a few coming on, but was able to nip them in the bud. (As a rule I went to bed much earlier this month.) I did have a small issue with a musule pull and ended the month with a slight bruise on the middle toe of my left foot of unknown origin -- I am guessing either running on the tread mill or doing a stop crying dance for my new daughter.

February Goals

Stay injury free, don't aggravate toe.

Run 25-30 miles, including several 45 minute easy runs.

Swim 6 miles, continue to work on stroke, devote most effort to breathing with goal of bilateral breathing for 200 plus yards. Try to do more 45 minute long workouts.

Cycling - Weather permitting try for 100 miles, with goal of more 45 minute rides.

Strength Training - Still Try for 8. Develop routine that can be done at work.

Nutrition - Continue to improve.

Balance, Yoga -- Don't give up on trying this.