Friday, January 25, 2008

5K Run/ 1250 Yard Swim

Ran the route a little slower today in 33:44 with the same ending heart rate of 156. I screwed up the watch so I didn't get the average rate. I have learned you have to hit the heart rate mode to get the rate starting from that point. It was very cold - 20 degrees. One of these days I will do a longer run, but I think I will need to go to the track to do that or else set myself up on a longer route. By the time i hit the end of this one, I just want to stop.

Later I swam at the pool and did a 500 yard time trial on the spur of the moment. 8:36 -- same time as earlier in the month. I am doing a much better job of keeping my head underwater, but I think real speed gains will come from improving my pulling. I am noticing that all this swimming is looking good on my arms.