Monday, October 08, 2007

12 Mile Bike/ 3/4 Mile Swim/Aqua Bike

Rode 12 miles at work at 12.1 mph. I was up to 12.4 mph halfway and slowly tailed off. Very sweaty afterwards. Fortunately I had a clean shirt to put on.

After work I swam 3/4 of a mile.

I did 1/4 mile of drills, using hand paddles, then kickboard, then working of technique. I am incredibly slow with my kicking.

Then I swam 4 X 100 on two minute intervals. It takes me 1:50 to swim 100 yards. I'd rest ten seconds, then swim another hundred.

I finished up with some regular swimming, including some breathing every third stroke, which is hard. I guess the purpose is it makes your left hand stroke better and also gets you used to carbon dioxide buidup.

Afterwards I tried the aquabike, but had a hard time making all the adjustments to get it to fit right. I'm beginning to think the whole Aqua Crosstraining is sort of not to valuable. Maybe I need to take an aquacycle class to give it a fair trial.