Thursday, September 13, 2007

Swim 3/4 mile/Run 5K

Went to the lake with some people from my class and swam half way across and back for a total of 3/4 mile, and then ran the 5K course.

I was swimming easy. The other three had wet suits and were either beating me or even with me -- not that we were racing, but I do think a wet suit might add some speed. Not that I need it too much. It would lift my legs up, which I think create some drag. I am going to try very hard to swim easy and not race in the upcoming triathlon -- even if I will lose a minute of two. I really want to try to not exhaust myself, and actually be able to run the entire 5K.

I also stopped at the bike shop and talked to a guy there about what I should do. he wants to set me up in the Spring with a $1300 bike -- he says that would be a better investment than buying an entry level road bike.

I don't know. I am tempted to pay the $50 for race tires for my hybrid and see if I can complete the Litchfield Olympic course with the hybrid. If I can, maybe I go another year with it. I don't know.