Saturday, September 08, 2007

Race Sign Up

Well, I signed up for the Lake Compounce Triathlon on September 23. I am a triathlete and triathletes run triathlons so there you go. I think my goal will be to pace myself enough that I can run the run portion. The bike is pretty flat. I fear the run from the swim to the transition area. But so what.

I stopped at the bike shop today to buy some biking glasses. I had a bug go in my eye the other day and I almost lost control, plus I have been hit in the face numerous times, once by a bee that fortunately didn't sting me that I don't want to take any chances. The owner said he could put racing tires on my bike for less than $50. I'm thinking about it as I am not looking forward to everyone passing me again. Maybe with racing tires, only half the people will pass me.

Its about 90 degrees and humid at work today. I waiting for the evening to hopefully get a chance to ride.