Thursday, September 20, 2007

13 Mile Bike Course Ride

Rode the Lake Compounce course this morning doing the two laps. I did it in a little under an hour and averaged 13.2 mph. My speed was never less than 8 mph and I never had to grunt or swear aloud. I've decided to try to keep it in as a low a gear as possible and keep a higher cadence so as not to wear out my muscles. Afterwards I did a slow jog around the parking lot, running in a very old man way, but no back stiffness. My goal for the race will be to run without any walking.

Overall I think I could be in much better bike shape, hybrid aside. Lately I have only been doing 6 mile rides and I really should have been doing 14-16 mile rides so my legs don't get fatigued after 6. I am resigned to having the worst or among the worst bike times.

Course Maps