Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bike 6 Miles

Rode some at work today. I was disturbed that my speed lately has seemed to be dropping, even when I pumped my tires up rock hard. I also noticed the .7 mile loop at work is now a .61 loop. Hmmm. I played around with my seat height trying to see if it would help improve my speed. I put it up too high, and then gradually brought it down, and then I timed myself on the loop that usually takes me between 3:00 and 3:10 to finish. I did it in 2:40 even though I didn't get over 18 mph.

So I guess my speedometer/odometer is malfunctioning.

Just to prove it I drove the ambulance around the block and it hit .7 before I was all the way around.

So I'm annoyed that it isn't working and hasn't been since I last took the wheel off (my bad), but I am happy that I am going faster even when it looks like I am going slower.

I did about 6 miles. I want to save my legs for a run later.