Thursday, August 09, 2007

4 Mile Run

I ran 4 miles in 41:50 at the track with an ending heart rate of 158. Then I went to the gym and did some abdominal work.

I ran between 10 and 11. The sun was bright, but it wasn't too hot. I grabbed a water bottle and ran with it for a lap after two miles.

Run powered as always by Marshall Tucker.

***

I've laid out a running plan that will allow me to run the 10K on September 9 and the half marathon on Oct 13. That is if I am able to follow it by staying injury free and being able to meet the workout schedules. It is based on a Hal Higdon program.

Saturday will be my long run day, increasing from 5 to 10 miles. I'll also run Mondays and Thursdays from 4 to 5 miles.

Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday will be bike/swim days. Friday the rest day.

The half marathon has so many people who merely walk it that I think I'll be fine running as far as I can, and walking if I have too. The 10k I'll probably be in the rear.