Thursday, August 16, 2007

3 Miles in 28:50

Spent the day moving boxes in the garage and cleaning. Hot, humid day. It was getting late and it was looking like I wasn't going to get a workout in. But I went to the track anyway, and decided I would try to do a record 3 mile run.

So I did. I ran 3 miles in 28:50 and then kept going another half length for an estimated 5K time of 29:40.

Both records. And not even in a race with pacers.

My heart rate was a steady 150 through 2 and a half miles, then picked up to 160, and then up to 172 as I picked up the pace on the last lap.

My best 3 mile track time was 30:20. Recently I ran in 31:38 with a heart rate of 162. My best 5K race was 29:42.

After I finished and was walking around the track, there was another big guy there and he looks at me and says, "two big lumbering beasts."