Friday, August 17, 2007

12 Mile Bike

The day dragged on again and I wasn't getting my workout done, but then I finally bit the bullet, got on my bike and went for a ride. Did some hills in a residential neighborhood, practicing getting down into 1st gear and then pedalling like mad. There was a nice little circle where I'd uphill on one side, then glide down the backside and then go up again and glide down again. Then I set out for the reservoir which was a tough uphill slow steady gradual climb. I went around once, and got passed at one point by two road bikers as I was going so slow I felt like both my tires were flat. It does annoy me to be passed like that. Someday I'll have a road bike. Then it got dark and started to thunder and I headed home in the rain, which was sort of cool because it was all downhill. I like gliding in the rain.

So I totalled 12 miles in an hour and 12 minutes, which is slow, but there was a lot of gliding and stopping at lights.

I have been neglecting the bike lately and will need a few more rides if I want to race and do well next Thursday.