Monday, July 23, 2007

1.5 Mile Swim/5K Run

We had our lake swim tonight and I really enjoyed it. We swam the distance of the lake and back for a total of 1.5 miles. I had some sighting issues as I often found myself zig-zagging -- at one point I went flying into some trees which was quite a surprise because I thought I was in the middle of the lake. Sometimes when I would sight I'd bring my head up and forget to close my mouth and get a mouthful. I got water in my goggles a couple times and my goggles got fogged up, which made sighting hard.

Despite that though I swam well, and it is so much more fun to swim open water than in a pool. Imagine running a 5k by running end line to end line of a basketball court. That's what lap swimming is like after open water swimming.

Afterwards I ran the 5K course in 31:10 with a heart rate of 154. I considered that a successful run as I ran easy and felt like I could have kept on running by the end.

***

Today I received the class workout schedule:

Monday: Lake Swim or Rest Day
Tuesday: 24 to 26 mile ride or Rest Day
do either or/not both
Wednesday: Shop Ride or Rest Day
Thursday: Lake T Race...... Gotta Do, More Experience is better
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: Brick from shop, Bike/Run
Sunday: Long Bike/ 24 to 30 miles.

Also, on Sunday, they set up a ocean swim for us in the morning at the race site.

I have rearranged my work schedule to make things fit.

So hopefully my workout schedule will be like this:

Monday: Lake Swim and 5K Run
Tuesday: Easy Ride at work (12 to 24 miles)* if possible
Wednesday: Rest Day
Thursday: Lake T Race
Friday: Rest Day
Saturday: Brick from shop, Bike/Run
Sunday: Ocean Swim/Bike at Work* if possible

***

Sleep: 6 Hours (Poor)
Weight: 221.8

***

Breakfast: banana, wheat crackers with cashew butter, slice of pizza, DC
Snack: oatmeal
Lunch: yogurt with mixed nuts, wheat crackers with cashew butter, DC
Preworkout: Oatmeal bar
Dinner: Cheese, smoked oysters, chips, sausage hamburger, grapes