Thursday, July 19, 2007

Swim

My triathlon class was cancelled tonight due to severe rain. I went to the pool and swam for half an hour. I have stopped counting laps and that makes swimming much more fun. I was just swimming working on different things.

I feel like I am really swimming well. The total immersion hints -- the ones I've followed -- are really kicking in. Here's what I am doing well.

1. making myself long in the water
2. angling my hands, arms into the water,
3. slashing silently through the water
4. turning my body from side to side as I swim
5. adding a little kick every now and then to keep my back up

I think I do need to do more speed workouts just to get some cardio going.

It's funny but I am always swimming much better toward the end of the workout than I am at the front. I really get a good body rotation going.

***

Sleep: 9 Hours
Weight: 221.6

Breakfast: pancakes, sausage, DC
Snack: Yogurt with nuts
Lunch: Cheese, bread, Sugar snap peas, pistachio chocalate
Snack: Mango
Dinner: Clam chowder, steak, potatoes, sugar snap peas