Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Swim/5K Run

We swam in the lake tonight, and then ran the 5K course. I had the same problem I have with my watch sometimes I hit it and it just freezes at the time. I ran with the coach who didn't mind running with me as he had a leg injury and my pace suited him. We ran a little faster than I was comfortable with, but I made it the whole way with a fairly consistent heart rate of 168. Its good to be pressed a little. I also enjoyed talking with him on the run and getting to know him a little better.

Tomorrow, we swim and bike.

My knees were a little sore today, but they didn't bother me on the run. I iced them tonight and they feel okay.

***

Another Boston Globe article about triathlon's increasing popularity:

Their Time to Go the Distance

***

Sleep: 7 Hours
Weight: 222.6

Breakfast: Banana, cliff Bar, Diet Coke
Snack: Toasted, Buttered, Everything Bagel, Diet Coke
Snack: Cheese, Wheat chips, pistachio chocolate
Lunch: Jerk Pork, rice and peas
Workout: Whey Protein and Gatorade
Dinner: Chinese Buffet: mussels, sushi, shrimp, green vegetables, meat dumpling
Desert: grapes and blueberries