Friday, July 13, 2007

Swim

Tired today and wasn't too surprised to see my weight down this morning -- a sign of not hydrating myself well enough yesterday.

I had listed down to do a long easy ride today, but that wasn't happening.

I did get to the pool and swim for a half an hour. What was good was I didn't count laps like I normally do. That's what I liked about swimming in the lake, you just swim -- no counting.

There was an older woman in the lane next to me who was swimming almost as fast as me, and I couldn't figure it out as her stroke didn't look that good, but when I got out of the pool, I saw the difference -- steady kicking. She was kicking, I don't kick enough. Something to work on. At least she helped give me a bit of a cardio workout as I was trying to stay ahead of her by swimming harder.

***

Sleep: 6.5 hours (Fair)
Weight 216.8

Breakfast: banana, yogurt with nuts, Diet Coke
Snack: grapes, blueberries, strawberries
Lunch: clam chowder, leftover steak and noodles, diet coke
Snack: nuts, cinamon bread, spinach, pomegrade juice
Dinner: new York steak, garlic mashed potatoes, brocolli
Snack: grapes, berries