Sunday, July 01, 2007

Bike

I decided not to ride to work this morning. One I had to get up early to get the girls off to the airport and two I didn't have work clothes and other items at work. But the main reason was I really don't want to overexert my knees, particularly after the 4.4 mile road/sidewalk run. They were feeling a little beatup last night. I did bring my bike to work and will either ride at work, or maybe leave my car and work clothes at work and ride home and then back to work in the morning.

***

Rode home. I felt like I was going faster than last time. But it took me 52 minutes instead of 48, but I did have to stop at a bunch of lights. Also, I went 11.1 miles instead of 10.4. Same route. Odd. Maybe I misread it last time. Comes out to 13.15 miles per hour, so if you factor in the stop lights, I'm approaching the 14-15 mph zone. My legs felt fine except for the burning on the hills when I slowed to 5 mph.

Since I left my car at work, I'll be riding to work in the early AM.

***

Sleep: 5.5 Hours (plus nap below totals 8 Hours)
Weight: 224
Breakfast: Banana, almond butter and crackers, DC
Nap: 2.5 Hours
Breakfast: Yogurt with nuts, DC
Lunch: Pork steak, bag of baby spinach, DC
Snack: Salad, chicken
Dinner: Granola bar, clam chowder, fruit salad, water