Saturday, July 14, 2007

Speed Run/18 Mile Bike

We did a speed workout today.

We ran a sprint and then jogged the rest of the way around the loop (I'm not certain the distance -- maybe 3/4 mile.) We did that four times. I ran very fast for the first part of the sprint and then slower for the last part, and then had to walk for a little while before jogging back around. Then we ran around twice more where we were supposed to sprint for parts, but I just jogged as I had nothing left in the tank. The coach said I shouldn't clench my hands when I run, so I worked on that.

Next Saturday we will get fitted on our bikes so I am looking forward to that. Wednesday and Thursday we will swim at the Lake. I will probably get there early and either ride or run or both before hand as the swim doesn't wear me out. I seem to be the odd ball in the group. The swim is most people's weak part, the run and the bike are mine.

***

Rode 18 easy miles tonight. Total ride time 1:45. Rode to the reservoir, and then went around it four times, then rode home. I was a half mile short of 18 so I took a detour and rode around a school. I came to the back side and the road was fenced, so I had to go up on the curb to get around and dumb dumb here did just that and by the time I got home my front tire was completely flat. I tried to pump it up, but it lost all the air again, then I couldn't even pump air in it. Then I got the tire pump stuck on the valve and that took awhile to get off. Anyway, tomorrow I will go to the bike shop while on duty and either see if they can fix it for me, show me how to fix it, or sell me a repair kit so I can try to fix it. I'm very annoyed at my stupidity.

The ride itself went pretty well. I did have the repeated problem of my seat sliding down. It happened four times. When I got home I tried to tighten a bolt and that may have fixed it. I am going to need to learn bike maintenance.

***

Sleep: 8 Hours
Weight: 219.8

Breakfast: Banana, Cliff Bar, Diet Coke
Workout: gatorade, whey protein
Snack: spinach, pastrami, cinamon wheat bread, power bar, Diet Coke
Lunch: patrami, spinach, bread
Workout: gatorade
Snack: Yogurt with nuts
Dinner: Clam Chowder, spinach, pastrami, 7 oz beer
Snack: grapes, berries