Sunday, July 08, 2007

Ride/Run Tire Pressure

I worked till ten last night and because I had to be back here at six, I decided to just spend the night in the bunkroom with the aim of getting up at five to run while it was still cool, but I don't as well here as I do at home so when the alarm went off, I hit it off. Like I read in one book, better to sleep than to work out tired.

It is now hot and humid and I am wondering what kind of workout I want to do when I get off. Run at the track, bike 5 miles around the circle and then run 1.5, or swim.

I might ride some now, but when its hot, it gets me all hot and sweaty and then I hate to have to go to someone's house smelling all sweaty.

***

After work, I had a guy on the ambulance who is also on the EMS bike team, check my tires, which he said were way low. He taught me how to pump them up, and then I did a five mile ride around the circle. I felt way faster.

I clocked in at 21 minutes which works out to be 14.28 miles per hour, which is a 12 mile time of 50.42. There's a pickup of five minutes there.

Yesterday I was timing myself on sprints of the circle and I was pretty much always coming in at 3:10, which multiplied by seven, which is how many loops I did comes in at a time of 25:10 or 13.29 Mph or a 12 mile time of 54.17.

Bottom line I just figured out a cheap way to pick up some speed. Now how low were my tires at the first race. I'd had the bike 2 months without pumping air in them. They probaly could have used some air.

After the bike I ran 1.5 miles and the legs didn't feel too bad and not too rubbery. I'm guessing I ran about a ten minute pace. I have misplaced my heart rate monitor and the stopwatch I used for the bike, I had frozen at my bike time.

Anyway, I felt good on the run and am happy that I have made a time breakthrough. My goal is to get the bike at the Lake done in 45 minutes of less. For that I need 16 miles per hour.

***

Sleep: Seven hours
Weight: N/A

Breakfast: Kashi, almond butter and crackers, DC
Snack: Steak Burrito, brocolli, chips
Lunch: Salad with fruit, two hamburgers, DC
Snack: gatorade
Dinner: cheese, peanuts, smoked oysters, 7 oz beer