Monday, July 02, 2007

Bike/Swim

Rode in to work this morning. It was even darker in the morning than the last time. I left the house at 4:52. I bought a red whirly light the other day and attached that to the back of my shirt. That helps the cars behind me see me, but I still had trouble picking up debris on the side of the road and cars pulling out in front of me probably couldn't see me too well. If I want to keep riding I will need to buy a head light. It was also a little chilly. I wore three tee-shirts, but could have used a long sleeve shirt and some gloves.

It took me 56 minutes this morning and I went 10.6 miles. I was tired from yesterday's ride so I coasted a little more than I needed to, and on the long last slightly upgrade straightaway I went real slow about 8 mph. I had a little bit of knee pain early in the ride, but it seemed to have worked itself out. I will try to rest a little in the upcoming days. I may do my twenty minute swim tonight. Tuesday and Wednesday are 16 hour work days. I might have time for an early run on Wednesday, but may wait until Thursday morning to do my last assigned run.

On the ride in this morning at one point I was racing a cottontail rabbit. We were about two feet apart both charging ahead. He finally pulled slightly ahead, and then darted across the street.

56 minutes is a long ride. One one hand it is peaceful, but my mind is still too occupied with the biking to really enjoy the scenery. Its like watch out for that glass on the road, shift gears, uh-o here comes another hill, is that a car coming up behind me...

Here's my route with elevation profile:

Cornerstone to Southwood

***

My legs felt really, really tired today

***

Swam 1/2 mile in 17 minutes after work. Tried to remember to kick more regularly, and that seemed to help.

***

Sleep 6 hours (fair, woke up multiple times)
Weight: 219

Breakfast: banana, DC
Snack: Yogurt with nuts, DC
Snack: Almond butter with crackers
Lunch: Big Salad with lots of vegetables and fruit, side of paella, DC
Snack: Chicken noodle soup
Snack: Steak Burrito
Dinner: Two NY strip steaks, rice, nuts, gatorade

I was really, really, hungry today.