Saturday, July 28, 2007

8 Mile Bike/3 Mile Run

Rode 8 miles, 7 in the pouring rain, which was actually kind of fun. I wasn't riding hard because it was so wet, but it was fun to go through puddles and have the water kick up off the wheel. Also, my seat kept slipping down again.

Afterwards, we ran 3 miles. I brought up the rear again. I kept my heart rate at 157, which is about my regular training rate. I didn't check the time, but I feel like I am running very slow.

One of the guys who works at the bike shop who looks to be about 6'5 says he has a used custommade road bike he wants to sell. I guess its very fancy. He's going to bring it in for me next week. He wants $1000 for it. He says the frame alone is worth $1600. We'll see what it feels like.

I bought a little pouch to go under my seat to carry C02 cartridges, a tire lever and a spare tube.