Tuesday, July 10, 2007

2 Mile Run

The plan was to get up at 4:20, drive to the track, run 5 miles, drive to work and then shower by 6. The alarm went off, but I was sort of slow moving, and didn't get to the track until 5. I didn't warm up figuring I would just slow run to start, seeing as I was pressed for time. I was worried the whole time that I might be overdoing it running so much after my longest bike ride. It wasn't hot, but it was extremely humid. I went two miles at a very slow uncomfortable pace in around 22:30, then I walked a lap, stretched very lightly then rushed off to work.

I should have allowed myself much more time for proper warmup and cooldown.

I was lucky when I got to work I was able to sleep for a couple hours. My knees felt dead. I feel better now that I am up and have no pain on doing stairs, which is good. That seems to have disappeared.

I am still in a quandry as how to proceed with my workouts this week. Here is how I see my options:

Race Option:

Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: AM Swim
Thursday: race
Friday: Long Slow Bike
Sat: Speed Run
Sun: Bike

Workout:

Tuesday: rest
Wed: 18 mile group bike
Thursday: run/ long swim
Friday: long slow bike
Saturday: Speed run
Sunday: Bike

I really want to race, but maybe I should take the long run view.

***

Sleep: 6 hours
Weight: 220.8

Preworkout: Mini Power Bar, Sport Jelly Beans
PostWorkout: gatorade
Breakfast: Yogurt with nuts, DC
Lunch: salad with beans, oranges, DC
Snack: Slice of pepperoni
Snack: Jerk Chicken