Saturday, June 30, 2007

Tempo Run

Ran with my training class this morning on what was said to be a 5 mile run. When I measured it later by car it was only 4.4 miles. We started off as a group, but I lagged behind after awhile. Most of the others are runners/and or bikers. The guy organizing for the day dropped back to run with me at the half way point. We had a nice conversation as we ran. It is his fourth year taking the class. He just does sprint triathlons so far. When I asked him what he thought was the best way to increase my bike speed, he said listen to the guy teaching the class -- he is a great coach with lots of tips. He wasn't there today as he is off doing a half iron man. I finished the run in about 44-45 minutes, which made me question the distance. My heart rate was 173. It was a beautiful morning but hot. The only way I could do a tempo run at 80% would have been to walk.

We meet next on Thursday for a group swim at the lake.

Sleep: 8 Hours
Weight: 224

Breakfast: banana, cold pizza, DC
Post run: Protein and gatorade shake
Snack: Cold Pizza, DC, yogury with nuts
Snack: grapes, clam chowder
snack: cheese, nuts, 3- 7 oz beers
Dinner: turkey burger, pork steak, rice, okra
Snack: grapes, blueberries